- Rockies come out aggressive on the basepaths as Gonzalez is gunned down stealing. Probably would have preferred they allow Seth Smith's AB to play out there as he had a 3-1 count at the time, though he did strikeout.
- On the defensive side, Tulowitzki gets one of his rare errors out of the way very early. You won't see but 3-4 more like that all season.
- Brad Hawpe morphs into Dexter Fowler for a few seconds as he scores from second on a wild pitch. The most exciting play in baseball aside from the inside-the-park homer.
- Good lord can Ian Stewart rake.
- The Rockies won't make many errors this season. That the Brewers aren't capitalizing on the two early ones today is a fantastic break for the Rocks.
- The Brewers are doing to Jimenez what I had hoped the Rockies would do to Gallardo. Jimenez pitch count is rising quickly, and these are pressure packed pitches piling up before the third inning.
- Also, thank God the Brewers have Jim Edmonds.
- Rockies only plate one after an error and two Gallardo walks. Better than nothing, and the pitch count for Gallardo passes 60.
- Much needed 1-2-3 shutdown inning by Jimenez. Defense found its groove with three nice plays.
- Uh huh... like I said, Seth Smith will stink today. What the hell was Tracy thinking?
- Yes, I'm kidding.
- Rockies keep tacking on one at a time. Still lacking a big hit though that could really open things up. 4-0.
- These Jimenez vs. Braun battles are classics. Braun wins this one with an RBI double high off the wall.
- I never have an elevated pulse with Jimenez on the mound. First two reach, he finds a way to get out of there without any damage. He's not always that lucky, but he knows how to limit the damage.
- Seth Smith now 0-for-4 with 3 Ks and a GIDP. Oops.
- Rockies did a fair job with Gallardo today. Definitely could have knocked him out a couple innings sooner.
- Belisle makes a HUGE 0-2 blunder to Carlos Gomez of all people, resulting a in a HR.
- Flores is brought in to retire Prince Fielder or Jim Edmonds... he gets neither.
- Daley finally pitches out of the situation, leaving the bases loaded for Milwaukee.
- Hey, we just met half the Rockies bullpen! Two long innings to go!
- Most wasted opportunities. Helton stranded at second after the lead double. Not liking how this is shaping up.
- Spilborghs with a HUGE insurance RBI double. Heading to bottom nine with a 5-2 lead. Franklin Morales into the fire on Opening Day. Braun & Fielder due 3rd-4th. Yikes.
- Morales scares the living bejesus out of everyone, doesn't throw a particularly good pitch to anybody, yet walks away with the save. Tulowitzki with a potential game-saving catch on Prince Fielder deflates the Brewers and ensures the 5-3.
- More on this game in a little bit.