Jhoulys Chacin vs. Charlie Haeger
It's been a long time since the Rockies have seen a knuckleballer.
I have no idea what to expect.
Haeger's starts have ranged from 6 IP, 3 ER, 12 K to 4 IP, 5 ER, 4 BB, 1 K. He's been skipped a couple times. Been used in relief a couple times. That's just the unpredictable nature of a knuckleballer.
My suggestion to Rockies hitters would be to take a patient approach first time around to see what kind of read they can get on the pitch.
My suggestion to Jhoulys Chacin would be to do the same thing he did in San Francisco. Pound the zone. Trust the defense to help. I understand that's a bit much to hope for these days, but you just have to have the mentality that they'll make all the plays.
My suggestion to the defense... make the ****ing plays!
My Lineup Card
Rockies 12, Dodgers 9
- Fowler: 3-for-6, R, 2B
- Helton: 3-for-5, RBI, R, 3B
- Gonzalez: 3-for-5, 3 R
- Spilborghs: 3-for-5, HR, 2B, 3 RBI
- Olivo: 2-for-4, 2 2B, 4 RBI
- Barmes: 3-for-5, 2 2B, RBI, 2 R
- Morales: 1-for-1, 2B, RBI
- Chacin: 2 1/3, 9 H, 6 ER, K
- Morales: 3 1/3, 3 H, ER, 2 BB, 3 K, Win
- Daley: 2/3, H, ER, BB
- Beimel 2/3 on one pitch DP.
- Betancourt: 1, 2 H, ER, K
- Street: 1, H, Save