Mets 5, Rockies 0
Yes, I have to. But if the Rockies aren't going to put in a full effort on a Thursday afternoon, neither am I.
Losing Player: #42. Everybody wearing Jackie Robinson's #42 in a Rockies uniform today embarrassed the number.
They played like shit. I could stop there, but I'll add a little to it.
- The defense was pathetic.
- Botched rundown with a pitcher running.
- Melvin Mora can't turn a double play unless a catcher or pitcher is running.
- Miguel Olivo with some really lazy backhands of balls in the dirt.
- Seth Smith throwing to the wrong base.
- Jason Giambi has no range.
- De La Rosa walked five.
- Zero runs scored.
Of course the final blurb there (0 runs) rendered everything else moot on this day, but you still have to look at the whole ugly picture.